Friday 8 April 2011

UFC 129

As some of you may know, UFC 129 is going to be the first UFC event held in the province of Ontario since they legalized it back in August of 2010. As far as I'm concerned, it's going to be a very good card as well:

Welterweight Championship bout: Canada Georges St-Pierre (c) vs. United States Jake Shields
Featherweight Championship bout: Brazil José Aldo (c) vs. Canada Mark Hominick
Light Heavyweight bout: Belarus Vladimir Matyushenko vs. United States Jason Brilz
Light Heavyweight bout: United States Randy Couture vs. Brazil Lyoto Machida
Lightweight bout: Canada Mark Bocek vs. United States Ben Henderson

Two of my favourite fighters are taking part in this event too. Georges St-Pierre, the current welterweight champion, is going up against Jake Shields. A UFC newcomer, whom has quite a resume from his time in Strikeforce. He is on a 15 fight winning streak, and has some impressive victories over Martin Kampmann, Dan Henderson, Yushin Okami, and others. I think this will be a great fight.

My second favourite is Lyoto Machida. Although he has lost his last 2 fights, one against Shogun Rua, and the other against Rampage Jackson. I'm not sure how he's going to fare against a UFC veteran like Randy Couture, but as a fan, I hope that he fights his heart out and comes out on top.

Until next time boys and girls, have a great weekend! :)

8 comments:

  1. Never really been a fan of UFC, but I can understand the appeal. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watch UFC sometimes, but not as dedicated as you, so I can some information out of this blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad they're showing the Canadians some love now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vladimir Matyushenko Vladimir Matyushenko Vladimir Matyushenko!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great to hear! im glad canadians enjoy ufc as much a ppl in the states

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man I haven't watched UFC in about a year. My brother is still into it though. That's awesome, my favourite fighter is also George St-Pierre. Well, actually I don't know how he or anyone else is doing now lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish I could get over there to watch it live.

    ReplyDelete